My Treasure:  Arabic Dagger
It came from Damascus, Syria.  I don't know who made it but it is engraved A.E. Bell Damascus 19-10-1942.   My Grandad Arthur gave it to my Dad.  It is a treasure because my Grandfather bought it when he was in Damascus with the R.A.F during WW2 and he died before I was born.  Grandad Arthur was stationed all over the Middle East and North Africa.  He flew Hurricanes for the R.A.F.  He bought this dagger in Damascus in a souk (open air market).   My parents keep the dagger sheathed to avoid further corrosion and they keep it away from moisture.



My other treasures:  A photo of me little, my guitar, Joy and Eeyore.  When I was little mum bought me a soft toy which I called Old Eee. I lost it in the back of my toy truck I rode around on, so mum bought me a new soft toy which I call New Eee. I was riding around on my toy truck and I lifted up the back and I found Old Eee. So now I have two Eees.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...