Earthquakes: 5.6 & 6.3 Monday 13th June

When the 5.6 happened the class went outdoors on the field. My Mum took quite a while to get to school.  All of the streets were flooded.  Our street has water from letter box to letter box. by Amelia

On Monday there was a earthquake, first there was a 5.6 and later on there was a 6.3.  My uncle didn't feel the 5.6  because he was driving.  He was wondering why some kids were getting picked up from school.  Olivia

When the 6.3 happened my friend Anaian was at my house and we where watching a movie.  Then the 6.3 happened and Anaian was hugging me.  Gabbie

On Monday there was a big earthquake and we where all at school.  I was going to do a fitting for my jacket, but the 5.6 happened so we went home.  We stayed home and at 4 o clock we went to my Dad's house.  He lives at the back of the airport and he had power and water.  We didn't have to boil the water.    We are staying there for a week.  My Dad dropped us off at school today and he is picking us up. Yesterday we went to the airport and we had burger king for lunch.  At the airport we had lots of fun.  We played games, watched TV and I read a book.  My Dad has a pool and spa pool, but we have not been in them yet because I didn't bring my togs.  Demmy

When the 5.6 happened my brother and I were crying.  I was with Mrs Douglas and I went under her desk and I was scared.  Then my Mum picked me up from school.  Amber-Rose

When I got home we went an talked to the neighbours.  Then the 6.3 happened and Mum and I could barely stand up.  Then I wanted to go home because there was lots of liquefaction pouring out the driveway.  When we got there we looked outside and a truck was coming.  It was on the right lane and then it went into a sink hole.  The driver was ok.  There was a guy on the footpath thinking he could go on the footpath and he was going about 10-15km and he said 'Hi,' to me and then he fell into a sink hole!  Jacob L

When the 6.3 happened my friend was around at my house and we were both on the chairs next to each other, then we zoomed under the table.  When that happened my Mum and her friend spilt their coffee all over the place.  We had a pot hole from the Feb earthquake and all of the liquefaction came up our drive way and covered it!  Neco

I was riding my scooter and when the 6.3 happened I fell off it and hurt myself.  My Mum went to put the scooter away and there was another aftershock and I ran to the fence.  Adam

When  I got home and went inside everything was fine.  When the 6.3 hit there was liquefaction and water all up my driveway.  Nothing broke.  Beth

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...