Headlice...our Stories...

Once I had head lice and we didn't know what to do.  We combed my hair and cleaned it.  Then we went down to Timaru and my Nana brought Nitenz.  This shampoo worked and we got Nitenz spray.

I had nits and I treated it five times and it didn't work! I dyed my hair and it worked.

I taught a junior class once and felt like I had head lice for the whole year!  I remember one day my relief teacher was walking back to class and live lice were dropping off her head!

I had head lice and I used this stuff that contained acid.  When I put it on it stung like mad.  It felt like fire, it really hurt, but it got rid of them.    

My sister and I had head lice at the same time.  I used the same treatment as my sister, but I had the boy one and my Sister had the girl one.  We had it for about a month, it really was annoying! My Mum had to pull the eggs out of my hair!  It  and it really hurt!

Last year I had head lice once.  I used this stuff called Move, I had to put it on my hair and put a shower cap on for an hour.... IT STUNG SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!  When the hour was over  I had to take it off by washing my hair in the bath.  Then the next day I still had them it was so itchy!!!!!!
That afternoon I used Move again.  My Mum and I broke the cycle.

I had nits for a whole year and I couldn't get rid of them! I the used a product that I had to put on with wet hair and even with cold water the product STUNG so much.

Once I had head lice. My mum had to condition it and then brush it constantly for ten minutes after with a fine brush. But it did not work, so my Mum had to buy some children's product stuff.  When we got home we realised that it put a little bit of poison into my body. My mum said "I think we should just do the conditioning and brushing," and after a while I finally broke the cycle!!!!!

One day I got head lice and my Mum straight away said, "I'll go and get the conditioner from the shop."  It was tea tree oil and it did not smell nice.  I had to do it about three times before we broke the life cycle.

Thomas found a magnified head lice in one of his books.

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting how many of you talk about breaking the life cycle. What have you found out that can help you go into battle, if you get these little creatures in your hair again? Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone! I'm so glad that you are doing a study on these little blighters! I've found just recently that putting hairspray on our hair really works in keeping them away! I also think the Robicomb is a great contraption!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...